Friday, November 7, 2008

A Smashing Good Time???

Tonight the girls and I were in a 3 car accident. I am getting pretty sore already.
There was a little sports car stopped waiting to turn left, I rear ended the car..he had almost no damage, I think a tiny scratch. The Pathfinder behind me hit me so hard that my car lunged forward at least 5-6 car lengths while I was slamming on the breaks. The girls were all screaming but no one was hurt. I'm sure they will all have some sore necks tomorrow. The Pathfinder is probably totaled, the front was horrible looking, their airbags deployed, mine didn't. The back of the van is very smashed, you can see below.
The guy and his wife who hit me were talking about probably missing their flight because it was leaving in one hour...hmm do you think maybe he was flying down Q Street??? We were at least a 30 min drive from the airport.

When I think about the "what ifs" I...well I just can't think about it. We were heading east on Q ST at 129th, there was so much traffic in all 4 lanes. We hit each other totally square. If I would have been pushed into oncoming traffic there would have been people in the hospital and maybe worse. God had us protected for sure.

Now we get to start the whole insurance process...oh how fun. Please pray for us!

2 comments:

Lisa J. said...

Oh no! I am glad you are ok!!! I will pray over the process of insurance and pray that you are not too sore including the kids.

MichelleStrachan said...

Melanie, so sorry about your accident! I hope you are all not too sore and have a speedy recovery!