Friday, December 5, 2008

The Baby Isn't A Baby!

First thing this morning...well after showers and getting dressed I just had to get a few good mommy and birthday girls snapshots. Three (3) years old means no diapers, no baby toys, no bottles, no (or very little) waking during the night. How have the last 3 years flown by so quickly? It is true, I am going to blink my eyes and she'll be getting dressed for her first day of middle school and then it's all over from there.
Wednesday we (the Fam) took a trip to Sam's club to pick up a few things. Any family with kids knows the best thing about going to Sam's or Costco is hitting all the samples. So yes, we made the tour through the store. On our way out Liv spotted a box of dress up princess clothes. She must have told us 10-15 times, "That would be good for my birthday." As you can see, we went back without the girls and bought her dream gift. That child played all night in her "queen" outfit. Reagan would rather die than play dress up UNLESS her little sister asks her to be a princess. She even danced with Liv.
This morning Nana took Liv out for breakfast and to keep with birthday morning tradition I had to decorate with candles. The girl isn't so good at blowing out the flame. I think we need to work on it a little before the big family celebration tomorrow (fri) night. You'll notice that Liv is a little excited about her gift from Auntie Angie. To be totally honest, she was equally excited about the crown wearing kitty cat card. See...why do we spend so much money on toys?

I love birthdays. I love gifts. I love making others feel special. I hope today you had the pleasure of making someone in your sphere of influence feel special.

1 comment:

Anderson Fam said...

Oh, see is not a baby anymore. Where does the time go? I am glad I am getting ready to have another one soon, because I miss the baby days. It is nice though that Bailey is potty trained and eats normal food and you know the rest. Enjoy the birthday celebration. I love birthdays and I love sharing it with others. Heather