Tuesday, December 16, 2008

No More Nazi Dance

I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate Emma's new dance company, The Dance Authority. Their goal is to teach dance in a positive environment. Hmm, our old dance studio in GI most certainly did NOT have that perspective at all! Jackie and Jason treat everyone the same and make you feel welcome. Don't think we ever got that from Sm***y's.

It's pretty early to have a recital however, this was a fun informal christmas event for the girls. This is Emma's first year of ballet. I am so proud of her progress.



I thought I would take more pictures and it just didn't happen.

Both Reagan and Olivia were excited about some of the dances they saw. Reagan really liked the tumbling and Olivia liked everything else. ha Geepers, if we have 3 girls in dance next year we may have to sell lemonade on the street corner all summer as a fund raiser.

For any of you who know of my friend Marti but don't get her updates, I want to pass on some wonderful news. Yesterday she met with her docs at Mayo and she is now in remission. Her tests showed ZERO cancer cells. Praise God! She is still weak and needing our prayers. Even though she is working (for some dumb reason), she is not full strength yet. Multiple Myeloma is not curable YET but we'll take what we can get for now.

Yesterday I was able to go on a field trip to the Rose Theater with Reagan's class to see a 4 person production of Frosty the Snowman. It was fun...all but the bus right. It's either way hot or way cold on those things. As I sat there about to get car sick I remembered our HS select choir trip to Colorado. How the heck did we do that in ancient buses? We were even dressed up ready to sing at each stop...some years even learning a song or two. ha Those were the days!

Have a great pre-christmas week. That's what my girls are calling it. Hugs to you all!

No comments: