Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mexico

My trip to Mexico is quickly approaching, less than 2 weeks. I am so excited to see what God has before me. Am I nervous? A little. Does it require faith and a desire to serve God above all else? You bet it does!

There's so much to do around her to prepare for my trip. One detail is finding a smaller purse sized bible. I also need to reload my ipod. I am really getting sick of some of those songs. My personal challenge for tonight is to make a list of every activity for the kids while I am gone. I am so use to being the one who takes the kids, prepares the kids and in general keeps them on schedule I can't imagine someone else doing it for me. The truth is, they'll be fine whether it all gets done or not.

I want to thank any and all of you who have taken time to support me in this trip whether it was by an encouraging comment, prayers or financial support. There have been several loved ones who have voiced concerns about this trip and we are keeping those comments in mind and watching what the state department has to say. Above all we are praying for wisdom and safety. My scripture for the day:

If you are wise and understand God’s ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom.

~ James 3:13, NLT

It is certainly our prayer to be humble before the Lord and wait for His direction.

No comments: