Thursday, March 12, 2009

On a Mission!

Three 15 passenger vans pull out of Nebraska tomorrow east bound for Kentucky. I am so excited for this opportunity to share my faith, my wealth and my love with complete strangers. There are some sacrifices (like good coffee) but there are also some incredible gifts that I will receive through the course of this 8 day mission trip. I do think we will all learn to redefine wealth. Although I know better, I could name some people who I think have reached the "wealth rung" on the ladder to financial success. The truth is most of the world and probably even lots of America would consider my life to be a good representation of wealth. Yes, I am so blessed.

Please pray for this journey that I am about to leave on. If you would right now jot my name and the word Kentucky on a post-it note, just put that piece of paper somewhere you will see it frequently. We need lots of prayer for safe travel, relationship building, spreading God's word and completion of the task put before us.

Tonight I have partially numb fingers after writing letters to each of my girls. They'll each have a message from me every day of the week. Oh how I am going to miss those sweet little smiles and huge hugs. I know they are in very capable hands so why do I keep thinking no one can care for them the way I do? Kind of a funny little game of pride I have running through my head I guess.

If you have a moment, give Chris a call. I'm sure he'll need a little distraction. Also, tell him, "your wife loves you and misses you terribly!" Thanks.

I have no idea if I will have access to a computer or even if my cell phone will work in the mountains. So I will say ta ta for now.

1 comment:

Anderson Fam said...

Happy Mission trip Melanie!!! I will post your name and pray for you and others and relationships and the whole shabang! God will watch over your family while you are away. Take care and have fun.