Friday, April 23, 2010

Dressed Before 8am

As a stay at home mom for 3 children and one handsome husband I have fallen into a world of waking at 7am and dressing sometimes before I take the children to school (8:30am) but certainly if I'm going to shower, dress and do make-up it's AFTER I take them to school.  This week has been a challenge; dressed and ready for a very busy day before 8am.  That's just craziness!  I am ready for the weekend.  Not that it's not as busy, I just don't have to primp before going to soccer and softball games.

Monday:  Geesh, I can't even remember what I did on Monday.  It was something!  I know I babysat in the morning.....  Remember Monday is my laundry day and I still got most of it done.  Monday is also Emma's dance night which this week included the parents...costume night.

Tuesday:  We were all at school before 8am to prep for the Arts For All program. Our elementary school has a wonderful working relationship with Children's Respite Care Center (CRCC).  Fifty (50) 2-5 year olds with disabilities were brought in for a craft day.  It was exhausting but very fun.  Watching all those 5th grade students love on and help their little buddies truly warmed my heart.  I hope to get some pictures emailed to me soon. Before all that started, I got up early to make food for a noon jewelry party ...it didn't happen. Dang, I could have slept in at least another hour. :)

Wednesday:  Emma's field trip bus left the school at 8am.  After getting Reagan to school at 8:30 Olivia and I mentally, physically and emotionally got ready for her preschool screening.  Really I just got her dressed and started thinking about how traumatic it will be for me when MY BABY goes off to school.  (sidenote: she got a call back)

Thursday:  2nd grade field trip to the zoo for 5.5 hours.  Really, teachers need a raise in pay.  I don't know how they do it day in and day out.  Mrs Grewe even gave me an easy group.

I'm so ready for Friday....lunch with my BFF Susan.  I think I'll drive the girls to school in my jammies...a hat...no shoes...no make-up!  That's what I call  bennefits of being a SAHM!

No comments: