Monday, September 27, 2010

NiNe yEarS

Today is a big day around our house.  Reagan turned nine years old.  WHAT??  How'd that happen?  We've had my parents here with us since Friday which has been nice but my routine is all messed up.  The house is cluttery, there isn't any milk or bread, Reagan's birthday treats are half done and I didn't fill the birthday girl's room with balloons last night. Some how I still don't think the day is a bust.  I'm taking lunch up to Reags at school which is one of her favorite things for me to do.

Thinking back to nine years ago, our lives were so different.  First of all, I was still in my 20s and probably looked better nine months pregnant than I do now.  We lived in Arizona and it was still in the triple digits the day she was born...it's fall like temps here in Nebraska today.  Chris was teaching and coaching in the high school but dare I say our life was almost boring compared to the schedule we keep in 2010.  Just starting our family, we had only one child and anxiously awaiting the birth of our second perfect little girl.  (Little did we know that the next year would be full of crying until the wee hours of the morning.)  Reagan certainly rocked our lives and we thank God every day that He her to us to love and care for until the day she goes back home.

Holy Buckets, I'm almost in tears.  Now that I have enjoyed that stroll down memory lane, it is time to get my day going.  Give your child, niece, grandchild or neighbor kid a hug today, they will be grown up before you know it.  Blessing to you all!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Happy Birthday Reagan! I can't believe it's been 9 years Melanie. I know I'm gonna blink and your girls will be in high school!