Tuesday, April 26, 2011

There's A Contract...

So many times I have wished I was bi-lingual.  Not that wishing it will make it happen, instead it's one of those things I need to put my mind to and get it done.  However, I do have a 1001 list (see the tabs at the top of this blog page) that is not yet completed.  So if I do decide to learn another language which one would I learn?  My oldest daughter is bi-lingual. Emma's birth language is English but now that she is a 6th grader she also speaks valley-girl.  I started reading the contract from the publisher for Chris' book "THE NEW PHENOM3NON", apparently it's in a different language because I'm having a difficult time understanding the context of the words I am reading.  What language is that?  Technical-Smartie Pants? 

I know this whole published book thing is getting closer to completion because the contract link was sent to us.  The new release "date" is sometime in June.  Finally, I am ok with that.  I have been so impatient during this whole process thinking I knew the perfect timing when all along God had something else, something greater planned.  He wants what is best for us and his kingdom.  I love that verse in Jeremiah that says,

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future." 
Jeremiah 29:11

I am know that verse well and yet I try to control everything anyway.  So silly.

Today Chris did another book talk in a school. Each time he learns something new and is constantly working on the do(s) and don't(s), of coarse it all depends on the audience.  My guess is, it will be much easier when he book has been read.  All in due time.

If you are interested in updates on the book you can visit his website here.  We will post the release date as well as signing dates and locations when those are firmed up.  Feel free to subscribe, you'll be so glad you did.  You can also "like" Chris' book facebook page here.  Chris' newest thing is twitter, before I give you his contact info I'll let him figure the whole thing out first.

May your day be filled with blessings.


1 comment:

Randa said...

Well...tell Emma to take Spanish next year and she can teach you what she is learning. That will make her tri-ligual! I am teaching all 7th grade Spanish next year.