Sunday, April 3, 2011

Three Decades Strong

How many things (right off the top of your head) last 30 years?  Here's a trickier question.  How many things last 30 years and are better after the years of wear and tear?  Go ahead and compile your list, for most people marriage isn't at the top of that list.  Today I am so excited to highlight a friend of mine who will soon be celebrating her 30th wedding anniversary. 

Dan and Vicki...aren't they cute?  I love these guys!

In a day and age when we have trouble even defining what marriage is, it's no wonder that long lasting, happy marriages are few and far between.  Chris and I strive to maintain our happy marriage knowing there will be valleys and peaks along the way.  I'm sure if I could interview my friends above they would agree, possibly even talk about some of the struggles they have faced along the way.  So it might not be a cake walk every day of week but it's certainly worth fighting for.

Thank you Dan and Vicki for being a shinning light in a dark and fallen world.  You are a great role model to your children and the many people you have touched over the years.  I for one, am inspired by your commitment to God by loving one another unconditionally.  Praying blessings on you and your family!


1 comment:

Vicki said...

How sweet, Melanie! Thank you.