Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The First Review

Here we are!  Today is the day!  Chris' book has been available since early November but today is our launch party for the book.  I am so excited!!! 

All the feedback we have heard on THE NEW PHENOM3NON has been positive.  We've had friends, colleagues, family, students, editors, etc. read the book and everyone liked it but they all had some kind of connection with us.  Today a review came out from a 20 year old gal who does not know us, we don't know her...there is no connection.  She liked the book!  That stamp of approval confirms what we already thought but couldn't be sure if we were just biased.  I have included her review below.

Nancy's Review from TumblingBooks.blogspot.com
This book was surprisingly good! I completely thought that it was about aliens, which I am not too fond of (they scare me a little), but it wasn't. The concept of "phenomenon children" was very cool, they had special talents that no one else could do and the government was after them to kidnap them and use them for experiments. At the beginning of the book I wasn't sure what was going on and so I was a little confused. It didn't take long for me to fully understand, as everything was explained very well as the story progressed. The book reminded me a little of Twilight (in a good way!) and I Am Number Four. The phenomenon children were amazing, their talents were very unique and the plot of the story was very exciting! I really grew to like Christian as a character. At the beginning of the book I saw him as the jock-type of person, but he wasn't like that at all. He was actually very down to earth and smart! He was completely different from how I thought he would be and it made me enjoy the book so much more. I'm thinking that there's a sequel to it and I really want to read it if there ever is one.

It's important to remember (I'm talking to myself) that there may be negative reviews as well.  It happens to the best artists, directors, authors and people in general.  So taking what one person has to say about your work/creation and focusing on it too much is dangerous. But for today, I am happy to share these great words. 

"This book is surprisingly good!...I really want to read (the sequel) if there ever is one."

That is all for now.  Wishing you and yours a relaxing Thanksgiving.  Remembering to give thanks to our Lord and Savior.  He is Good, All the Time!

No comments: