Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Post

This year was a little different since Christmas landed on a Sunday.
I have this hard and fast rule that my kids wake up in their own home on Christmas morning. There's just something about walking running downstairs early in the morning to see what is under the tree. Here's a little hint: I would probably change that once in a while if we were on a cruise or something wonderful like that.  The big deal about a sunday morning christmas is my volunteer job at church.  Since I had to be at church early, we opened all out gifts on Christmas Eve instead of just our jammies.  

Just Dance 3
Can you tell the middle schooler is more than a little excited about a new game for the Wii?

Gloves for hunting...it's the little things that make us happy.

The girls were very pleased with their christmas gifts

Family photo
can you tell I raced to get in the picture?

 Right after church we loaded the (new) van for Smith Center. 
We spent 2 days with mom and dad. Now that they own the house next door as well, our family has a lot more room to spread out. If I could just get my mom to use paper plates instead of the good dishes and silver the trip would be nearly perfect.
Aw, a snapshot with my Daddy!

The middle schooler with Oma
Before diving into the puzzle (that turned out to be very difficult) Emma worked her
creative magic on everyone's fingernails.

Just imagine Chris there in the back row.

After the many many trips to Smith Center over the years, 7th grader finally
got her picture taken by the marker.  The claim to fame in my small town growing up
was our amazing football team and living in the center of the 48 states.

More Christmas pictures to follow as I get them from my mother-in-law.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Looks like a great Christmas was had by all. I didn't realize your folks bought the house next door. Do they just use it for guests?
Happy New Year!