Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's Beginning To Look Like...

CHRISTMAS
I love this time of year...the decorations are just one of my favorite things.
Below you will find many photos of our preparation for the season of Christ's birth.

We had some problems with the star!
Guess it's time to buy a new one.

 BREAKING OUT THE ORNAMENTS

MY SWEET GIRL
(I have 3 of them)

ANNUAL PEPPERNUT MAKING
This year I had the girls get out all the ingredients, measure everything and start mixing all on their own. This recipe calls for 14 cups of flour so towards the end requires mom's help but until then, they did a great job.  This is a bitter sweet event for Emma.  Eating this time of year is a constant reminder for her that she can't eat many of her favorites.  Never fear Emma...I'm working on some very special recipes just for you.  Hang in there!

 SKINNY TREE
This is my tree and now that I look at the picture, it really isn't all that flattering.  To see it in person, it is beautiful.  Growing up we always had a "beautiful" tree and as a child, I did not appreciate the beauty.  All I wanted was a fun tree like the Grothous (neighbors) tree.  Remembering that, I have my pretty tree in the front room and the fun tree in the family room.  I love them both.
FAMILY TREE
The girls have so many ornaments, they love digging through the box each year to rediscover interests from past seasons.  Next year I plan to add a vintage tree.  I need to remove some of my snowmen and stars to make more room.

VIEW FROM MY FRONT DOOR TODAY
This wreath was made for me by my dad several years ago.

TWO CHRISTMAS FAVORITES
I should have a picture of peppermint ice cream too but haven't bought any yet.

CHRISTMAS GOOSE???
Chris went hunting this morning.  Now my freezer has a bunch of goose in it.  His plan to make goose jerky.  I'll taste it but sounds like a man food more than a Melanie food.
FYI: he didn't shoot all of these, that would be over his limit but he did clean them all.

JUST IN CASE...
I don't get christmas card mailed out, or even made.


1 comment:

Vicki said...

Wow, love the photo of the geese! You should roast one for Christmas dinner. Your home looks very festive.