Sunday, December 25, 2011

Exceptional Showings by Father and Daughter

Here she is...my sweet little Kindergartner, ready to perform in front of a
sold out gym.  Every mom, dad and grandparent armed with a camera, video recorder and tripod.

I grew up in a school with a place large enough for parents to watch their little darlings perform.  Anymore, school districts can not afford such luxuries so we cram into cafegymatoriums in hopes we snag good seats before all the other crazy parents arrive.  Turns out we were in the second row but still had a hard time seeing little Liv because of her placement on the risers.  As you can see, that didn't stop this mama with a super duper zoom-in lense.  I will prevail!!!

Monday both Olivia and Reagan performed with their classes but we attended on the Tuesday show.  Too bad I didn't sneak in while Reagan was singing on Monday because she went home sick and didn't make it back to school.  So it's not that I like to just take pictures of Liv, I didn't have a chance to see Reagan sing with her classmates.  Never fear, she did recover just in time to make gingerbread houses on Wednesday.

Again, because my sis-in-law lives near by we were able to do lunch on Tuesday before the concert.  Holly, we are so happy to have you and Stephen in the metro.
*********************************************************


 A snapshot of Chris and the publisher, Cindy at Brewsky's Bar and Grille for the second book signing of
THE NEW PHENOM3NON.

Again, a fun night visiting and getting books into the hands of young readers.  I want to give a shout out to a few friends who have been so great to support us everywhere we go. 
Good to see the Vints, Christensens and Gerdes Families!
We also ran into some old college friends, thanks Pattersons!


Time and time again, I step back and look at the blessings in my life.  If I didn't ever have trials, I don't think I would recognize the beauty.  I don't want to ask God to take away the trouble just help me through it.  The sun shines so much brighter after a week of cloudy days.  My body feels so healthy and alive after battling off the flu.  And I feel the Father's loving arms around me after I have tried to make it on my own.
Thank you God for loving mankind so much that you sent your son to Earth for our benefit, not yours.

For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only son,
that we would not perish but have life everlasting.
John 3:16


NOTE:
Purchase books at Chris' website   http://chrisraabe.wordpress.com/about/  click the "buy" button at the top.
Please submit book reviews to http://www.amazon.com/ and http://www.goodreads.com/  We love 5 stars (wink wink) but do leave your honest opinion.

No comments: