Thursday, December 8, 2011

White Chili


I have to tell you about our amazing dinner tonight. A few months ago the girls' school had a chili tasting event.  That night I tasted some fantastic White Chili and have been wanting to get the recipe since then but have not done it.  Finally tonight I went to AllRecipes.com and found this one.  As with all things I tweeked it just a little but this has become a family favorite after just one meal. Click HERE for an easy, yummy dinner.

Here are a few of my alterations:
1. I used part of a whole cooked chicken, not just the breasts
2. I did not use the cayenne pepper because our family is whimpy
3. I used 3 cans of beans because that is all I had and did not have time to soak dried beans.
4. I added about half a brick of cream cheese before adding the beans
5. I had some parmesean and mozz cheese instead of Monterey Jack.
6. I also smashed some of the beans so the soup would be thicker.

Next time I will try it without the cream cheese.  No need to add the dairy or calories.

Happy Eating~

No comments: