Saturday, March 10, 2012

Pudgy Pumpkin Patch

Here he is...my Main Man (ok my only man) meeting, greeting and signing books for readers of THE NEW PHENOMENON. Wow, what a fantastic day!!

(Quick side note: notice the Iowa Hawkeye jacket...ewww!  Not in Husker territory anymore.  ha ha  I'm just kidding.  That guy was one of Chris' old coaches and gave us one of his CDs that we listened to on the way home.)

We made our second trip to Red Oak, IA and spent 3 hours at the Pudgy Pumpkin Patch Gift Store.  What a delightful store.  I should have gotten a better picture.  When we walked in I think Chris was fearful that I would buy a little bit of everything.  I loved it all!  I know we will be back to RO this summer and I will bring my money with me.  :)  Just a quick shout out to anyone who loves a gift shop that has a little of everything, Elaine Hollen's gift shop is the place to stop.  Then we ate at Casa De Oro...very yummy Mexican restaurant with wonderful service.
So many classmates, old neighbors and former teachers stopped in to see this guy they knew way back when.  A couple girls (my age) said they have some good stories on Chris, we'd have to sit down and talk when our kids weren't around.  ha ha  I'm sure that is true.

Again, we sold out of books.  Thank goodness Chris and I were able to dig up some extras to take down there just in case.  It's hard to rely on the "professionals" when they don't seem to give good advice.  We could have sold more books today if we would have had them with us.  So frustrating!  But what an awesome problem to have.  Thank you God for blessing this adventure!!!!

Our next big trip with THE NEW PHENOMENON will be over spring break when we go to Grand Island, NE.  Chris will be speaking at 3 schools during the day and 2 evening book signings.  I can't even tell you how proud I am of Chris.  He loves speaking but gets such joy out of seeing kids read. 

We know none of this is possible without God's hand in it.  We make plans but He shows us a better way.  We think we have it all under control when really we are just walking through the doors God has opened.  Our prayer is that we continuously seek and follow God's direction so that we can point all glory to our Creator.

Molly update:
She is back on the vent and spending the weekend resting for a 2nd try early next week.  Praying for this sweet girl!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Five signing events in GI?! Hope you're taking at least 300 books! (Probably more like 500). I am so excited at the positive and enthusiastic response to The New Phenomenon. It's fantastic!