Saturday, July 14, 2012

Running from Place to Place

I guess I forgot to post this so when it says "this weekend" it really means the 3rd weekend in June
*******************************

I love watching our daughters participate in their activities.  There have been some pretty boring events but "at the end of the day" my heart is filled with joy as I watch these 3 girls do the things they love so much.

This weekend Chris and I had 4 different places to be so it was necessary to call in the the big dogs...grandparents.  Papa and Nana not only enjoying watching their granddaughters but are willing to help us out when we are in a tight spot.  Thank you so much!!!
Our 1st commitment of the weekend...Em played softball on Saturday and Sunday in Omaha, Chris and I missed both games but not only were Papa and Nana able to make the Sat game so were Opa and Oma.  What a treat. This weekend the Cats went 1-1.  Em had nothing to hang her head about, she walked, had some good hits and played well at short stop. Missing activities is so hard. Em, we are proud of you!
ready for BP
good eye Em! Never mind, you aren't even looking at the ball.  ha ha
 The 2nd place we needed to be was in Norfolk at Reagan's soccer tourney.  This was our last set of games together as Toro Fusion.  The club has fallen apart so when our coach decided to go to Elite, most of us made the choice to follow him.  (Try-outs are this week)  I hope the only thing that changes about our team is the color of our uniforms.  Love these girls and their parents.
keeping cool in the shade before the Championship game.
Reags taking a PK...if I remember correctly she made it right in the corner.
1. Saturday morning after a rain delay we beat a 12 year old team from NW Iowa
2. Sat afternoon we tied a Norfolk 11 yr old team in a poorly played game.
3. Sunday morning we dominated Columbus' tournament team which was sweet after the way they beat us in Lincoln 2 weeks ago.
4. Sunday at 5pm we headed into the championship game playing Columbus AGAIN!  They came for blood.  When I say that, I'm not exaggerating much.  I was so proud of our coaches and girls for playing with honor and not stooping to a level of play that includes illegal tackles and severe body checking.  
I don't say this lightly when I tell you I prayed for Reagan's safety.
Our girls brought home 2nd place and I couldn't be prouder.

 The team bonding that happens on overnight trips leads to very special friendships.
The parents bonded out around the fire pit as well.

The 3rd commitment we had for this weekend was in Red Oak,IA for Chris' 20 year class reunion and a book signing at the Pudgy Pumpkin Patch.  No, Chris did not go to a very small girls' school.  ha I'm not sure when everyone else showed up.

Last but certainly not least we were the drivers for my parents who were flying out EARLY this morning. Chris made it back home to play the role of chauffeur at 4am.

We got it all done and now I'm am happy to be home with my feet up and nothing but silence in the background.  Aw, just what a girl like me needs after too much noise and chaos.

No comments: