Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer stuff

Summer at our house is the Best!!
I love down time with the ones I love.  Here are some of the things we have done in the last month.

 FAMILY REUNION
at Platte River State Park
The Warren Raabe Clan
(minus Reagan)
 Amy and Chris celebrating a win!
We play games, have silly competitions and Easter egg hunts at our family reunion.
Thank you God for such an amazing family!
 Camping is...playing, bossing and avoiding the younger cousins.
I asked for a quick picture and instantly got this pose.
 Daddy and Daughter at the campfire
We also have a gift exchange every year.
The family reunion in June is a favorite for the entire family. Next year we will meet up in Iowa.  The cabins look pretty nice...granite counter tops and all.  I'm not sure my husband will let me say we were "roughing it".

 REAGAN's SUMMER CAMP
I would love it if my kids told me the best part of camp was chapel or small group time but usually they say "GagaBall".  The concept is simple but it brings out Reagan's competitive juices like no other.  She came home with bloody knuckles again this year.  (from scrapping them on the concrete.)

Emma is at camp right now so pictures will have to come later.  I am so happy that there is a place that my girls LOVE to go and are willing to introduce their friends to the love of Christ while having a blast.

DADDY DAUGHTER SPACE CAMP
The relationship between a dad and his daughter is so important
Thank you God for giving me a mate who wants to create memories with his girls.

FRIENDS
many many sleepovers
pool fun
playing games
 big girls hanging out
 mom making work fun :)
filling the balloons
 more balloons
The water balloon fight

We are so blessed to be able to enjoy the summer with our daughters. June is filled with dance recitals, soccer and softball but when July hits the pace slows down. I love sleeping in and so do my girls.  Poor Chris still gets up early for MSHS softball camp but is home by 1030am. We love having time to invest into the lives of our friends, our family and our marriage.

Tomorrow (or soon) I will post some pictures from this summer's sporting events.

God's love for us is BIG! You may be in a place that feels difficult and you may be wondering why you have to go through it. Believe me when I tell you, He (God) is right beside you all the way. You are His perfect creation and He doesn't make junk. Praise Him! Love Him! Lean on Him! He loves you and will never forsake you!

No comments: