Saturday, August 7, 2010

Book Update

The New Phenomenon is in fact coming soon.  The last revision was done by the author in late May not a word to date from the publisher.  I know all this takes time but it's driving me CRAZY!!  I want to know the next step and how long it will take.  I want to start doing something or at least planning something.  Absolutely, I believe in God's timing.  Certainly, there are things I just don't have to plan out.  Now with that said just because I know something doesn't mean I like it. 

Today author Chris Raabe had a Fine Lines meeting (he's a volunteer editor for them) and met the last editor to read his book.  "Frank" was excited to meet the fellow who wrote The New Phenomenon.  He loved it and can't wait to read the next book.  Let me try to quote Frank, "You really wrote to your audience.  This book is going to be well read and loved." Woo Hoo!!  That sounds pretty good to me.  He also asked to have a note put on the next manuscript so the publisher would get book #2 to him.

I am so excited for all of you to get a copy of this book.  The reviews have been amazing.  Just so you know, it will be available on Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com.  No worries, we'll let you know where else it can be found.

Now for info on book #2.  The first draft was completed last week and Chris has been working morning, noon and night to get the first revision done before school starts.  Right now he's at school reading, writing and revising (3 R's sorta) in hopes to break the 100 page barrier of 255.  Book #2 is a little shorter but dare I say even better content than #1?

My hubby is an amazingly talented writer, obviously not my God given gift.  Chris had a dream and worked hard to make it come true.  The dream was writing a young adult novel everything else is just icing on the cake.  One day soon we will have a published book sitting on our bookshelf, what an incredible achievement. 

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Don't forget, five copies signed by the author... I'm paying!