Saturday, August 21, 2010

Family Date

For a girl like me, a day like today is about as good as it gets. (Keeping in mind that I have never been on a cruise or a fabulous vacation like Hawaii.)  My family is second priority in my life, only God comes first. So hanging out with Chris and the girls really rocks my world. Honestly I don't think I should have to celebrate a day with the family. Shouldn't it be a normal thing?  It's not and with our crazy fall schedule, this is what it has come to.

Insert Note about spacing here...Vicki, I'm having a hard time remembering to not double space after each period.

We started off our family date at BREWBURGERS at 108th and L St. Great burgers and service to top things off we had a 25% off coupon. Oh how I love coupons! Sneaking in a little bit of work we "toured" PRECISION SPORTS looking for bats, bags and softball pants. Do you know that composite bats are $300, even for little kids? I almost fell over. Needless to say, Reagan didn't get a new bat today. The last leg of our date was the HENRY DOORLY ZOO. Since it was 96 degrees and the humidity was out of control we just rode the train and took in the Madagascar exhibit. Then it was naps for everyone. As we were waiting for dinner to come out of the oven we worked on Christmas gifts so I can find deals and have a good budget worked out. If we are going to Disney next summer Christmas will need to be a little more tame. To cap off the evening we enjoyed amazing homemade pizza.

Aww, I love my family.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Don't despair, it'll be 2nd nature in no time! Think how much faster you'll type only using one space.

Melanie said...

ha ha, I hope you are correct!