Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Rat is Wearing Down

Back in the day I was a sprinter, never did I pretend to run long distance, I simply do not have the staying power for distance.  I remember running the mile relay and wondering why on earth anyone would really want to sprint ALL the way around the track.  Well it was early this August when I heard the gun go off that started this race.  You could call it a "rat race!"  School started August 11th but before that day Chris had meetings and if I remember correctly softball started early as well.  Shortly after school started, Reagan was knee deep in soccer and softball.  Olivia started preschool.  By early September, Chris' team was playing games, Reagan was practicing and playing games on two teams.  Emma and Olivia were dancing.  I was running kids here and there, volunteering, scrapping for clients, starting up bible study and wondering what I had forgotten to do for the day. 

It is now October 3rd and I can smell the cheese at the end of the maze.  As it turns out, I can run the distance races as well.  This week won't be any less chaotic but I know soon we will be eating family dinners together every night.  There's something about all five of us coming together at mealtime.  No matter what has happened during the day, we first thank God for His blessings and know that together we can work anything out.

Emotionally and physically I have broken down but spiritually I have remained strong.  The poem "Footprints" really hits home.  In my weakness God was right there beside me and when I couldn't run the race any longer He carried me until I was strong again.  I will finish this race!

Enjoy your first week of October.  Take the time to notice the changing leaves and cooler temps.  Don't forget to water and dead head your mums...that's a reminder for me mostly.  Until next time, I may see you at the ball field, soccer field, grocery store, between here and school or the dance studio just don't peek in my windows...that will really freak me out.

No comments: