Saturday, November 27, 2010

Joy In The Little Things

I am so thankful to have children who teach me to find joy in the little things. 
 Fall is my favorite time of year for so many reasons but once in a while I start to dread the winter weather that is sure to follow this beautiful season.  We've had a little taste of cold with some 10 degree temps at night, oh how that brings back ugly memories of last winter.  However, when my youngest says things like, "Mommy, now I can jump in the leaves because the cold made them all fall on the ground," it is difficult to focus on the negative.
Today we are enjoying a day of relaxation.  I am so thankful that God gently reminds me to find joy in the little things too.



1 comment:

Vicki said...

I know what you mean... it was 66 degrees in the house when we woke up this morning and we had to turn the heater on! But, I have the doors open this afternoon because it's warmer outside than the temp. I have the heater set at! So as you can see, I really empathize with you!