Sunday, January 16, 2011

Beth Moore Scripture Challenge

Good morning! I'm a little slow this morning as I have been up too late the last few nights with some of my scrapbooking buddies. What a joy it is to spend time with friends.

I have a desire to know God more and the only way I can know Him better is to spend time with Him and read His love letter to all of mankind. (the bible). January 1st I began a 12 month journey with Beth Moore to learn 24 scriptures. This is very doable and yet will not be easy. Even though the first entry has come and gone, you can still join in. Click here Beth Moore's blog

Verse 1:
Restore unto me the joy of your salvation; and grant me a willing spirit.  Psalms 51:12

Verse 2:
If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  Romans 10:9

I have to admit that this verse is very familiar to me but I can't ever remember the exact wording or where to find it. I call this the salvation verse. When leading someone to Christ, this is all they need to know...see why it's important that I know what it says and where to find it?

Verses that were posted on January 1st numbered greater than 8000. I'm praying for all the gals joining in that they will be blessed by their new bible knowledge and that they will stick with the challenge. It's always easy to start new habits in January but difficult to carry through to December or even April sometimes.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Good choice! My 1/15 verse is Jeremiah 29:11. It's a little longer than Job 19:25, so I hope I don't get discouraged...