Saturday, January 22, 2011

Moving Day Part 3 or 4

I really can't recall off the top of my head how many times I have moved Aunt Delma since November 2010.
1. from Kansas to Omaha
2. to the hospital
3. to the better hospital
4. to the rehab facility
5. to the skilled care facility while we were waiting for assisted living to open up
6. and today we are moving stuff from her town home to the assisted living. 
7. later this week we will move her and her belongings from skilled care to asst. living.
8. the rest of her belonging from the town home will be moved before January 30th into storage.

Along the way we have had so much help, I can't even begin to thank everyone.  Today we have inlisted a foreign exchange student who lives with my inlaws.  Nothing says living in Nebraska like moving a total strangers belongings when it is 5-15 degrees outside.  Just think of all the stories Charlie will have when he goes back to Korea. 

Chris is back with the truck so I need to head over to the town house.  Please keep our family in your prayers for safety in moving and that Chris and I don't get irritated with one another.  :)

EXCITING SIDE NOTE:
I have a new baby cousin, born yesterday at 6:15pm weighing in at 8lbs 12oz.  That's a big baby for my skinny little cousin's first baby.  All is well with baby and mommy and I think grandma even survived the day in the waiting room.  I can't wait to start putting pictures in the scrapbook I made for him.  Thank you God for the safe delievery of little (or big) Levi.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Congrats on the newest member of your family! Moving in 5 degree weather?! Wow, you are some special niece! So thankful that Aunt Delma can finally be settled. I'm sure all of these moves have been a little disconcerting for her.