Sunday, January 9, 2011

SNOW DAY

Last year we had so much snow over Christmas vacation that we couldn't go back to school on time.  This year we have had almost nothing stick to the ground when it snows.  Now that Christmas vacation is over is snows and school is called off for tomorrow.  The weather forecast tells us 9-10 inches is coming our way.  I have food in the house and really no need to go outside.  So if we do get that much snow, I'm staying inside.

The girls are excited and honestly, so am I.  The thought of sleeping in tomorrow morning has me all giddy inside.

Have you ever thought about the possibility that maybe big snow days in the Midwest or sand storms in the desert are God's way of slowing everyone down?  I don't claim to know this as fact, it just came to me.  Even tho we have set aside a 24 hour period of time for our family to observe the sabbath I can get bogged down with the business of life the rest of the week.  Today was a busy day; early to church, dinner with the in-laws, indoor softball practice and a basketball game.  God is slowing me down.  Now if I can just keep my handsome hubby at home relaxing all day, I will have accomplished something pretty amazing.

Take some time to slow down.  It is a biblical principle that I forget to practice and sometimes need a snow day to keep in check. There's a prolonged coffee hour scheduled tomorrow morning with God and I will be in attendance.

Praying for each and everyone of you. 


Be a Blessing,
Melanie

No comments: