Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Twelve Year Old

How can it be true?  Emma will drive in four years. That was one of the first things she told me after wishing her a happy birthday this week. Oh my, she is so ready to grow up and I'm seeing it happen right before my eyes.

My card to Emma had a mom and daughter on the front, it read...
"Daughter, when I look at you I see myself
but so much better."
So true.  That statement gives me such hope and honestly a little fear.  :)

Birthdays remind me of the nine months I carried the child and then the few days I spent in the hospital bringing the child into the world and what parent could ever forget the first few weeks home from the blessed event.  Yes, there was discomfort, uncertainty and loss of sleep but the pure joy out weighed all of it.  My greatest job title to date is "mom".  Chris and I pray for the health and salvation for our girls everyday.  What a privilage it has been to thus far to care for and help raise our girls. 

Emma,
I love you
and
Happy Birthday!

Mommy

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I remember you bringing Emma & Marti bringing Kyler to Ladies Devotions at Einstein's! Seems like yesterday...

Melanie said...

Vicki, I remember that too. Infact, when I looked through Emma's babybook this week I saw the picture taken with Francesca holding Em and Marti with Kyler. That seems like a lifetime ago.