Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Difference In A Decade

I remember this day 10 years ago.  Chris and I lived in Peoria AZ with our 2 year old and I was about to pop with baby number two.  It was over 100 degrees and I had an ambitious to-do list that day. Not only did I get everything done but I took a trip to the hospital and delievered our second daughter.

Around 5:00pm I had just sat down with Chris on the couch for our daily mommy and daddy time while Emma played quietly on the floor. (Those are the things you do when you have only one child)  My hair looked great, we had food in the kitchen, the house was clean and I needed a nap.  Emma saw a dead cricket on the floor which she insisted I pick up.  Right as I bent over, my water broke.  With great surprise I announced, "Either my water broke or I just peed my pants!"  Being that Emma was 2 yrs old all she understood was mommy probably peed her pants.  She comforted me and told me, "It's ok if you potty your pants." 

It's fun to recount the events of that day and think about the changes our family has seen in ten short years. 

From day one, Reagan has been her own person. As a baby, she cried and cried and cried.  It was Reagan who helped us find the blessing of chiropractic care, due to her colic.  However, I am pleased to announce she has grown out that chronic fussiness and we find her to be a delightful child.  Reagan is a silent leader and very well liked by her peers as well as adults who know her.  She is also a determined child.  There is nothing that will stand in the way of this girl...unless it requires wearing a dress.  I am overwhelmed with gratitude that God picked us to be Reagan's parents.  She brings humor, love and new ideas to our family.  I love this girl!  Happy Birthday sweet Reagan.  Your family loves you more than you could ever know.

Birthday morning at the Raabe house is all about eating whatever you want for breakfast, even if it is a school day.  Usually they pick a donut.  This morning Reagan wanted to go out for breakfast, don't you know to a donut shop.  Tonight we are having spaghetti.  What a kid, she makes it easy on me.



Another tradition at our house is late night decorating so the birthday girl will awake to a room full of balloons and streamers.  I'm pretty sure they all expect it by now but love it just as much as they did the first time it happened.

H        B          R
A         I          E 
P         R         A
P         T         G
Y        H         A
           D         N
           A
           Y

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I can't believe it's been 10 years! She has grown from a beautiful baby girl to a beautiful young lady. Happy Birthday, Reagan!