Friday, September 2, 2011

Food Glorious Food

Oh My Gosh, I just found this post in my drafts but didn't ever publish it.
It's time!!

Below I have compiled pictures of several restaurants we enjoyed while on vacation in Florida in July.
The first 3 are all Darden Establishments, my friend Danielle works for Darden so don't you know we needed to try them out. 
Even in this time of economic down turn the restaurant business sure seems to be booming.  I don't think Danielle will be out of work any time soon.

Bahama Breeze has a great casual dining atmosphere and the food was very good.
This was our date night with Courtney and Danielle.  After dinner we went to the Bargain Bin.  We laughed so hard I wondered if we might get kicked out.
For an appetizer, 2 entrees and 2 drinks we spent about $60.  Normally we don't get an appetizer or drinks but we were on vacation.  :)

I'm excited to see one of these being built next to our mall in town.  It's a yummy one!
They are much like Outback Steakhouse but better.
Twelve of us had lunch together after church.  We had a crabby server and then suddenly she was as sweet at peach pie.  Can't help but wonder if she was tipped off that a "big wig" was sitting at our table.
I enjoyed the salmon.  Really some of the best I have ever eaten.  To be honest, I have no idea what anyone else ate or how much the meal was.  I highly recommend this Steakhouse!!
How do I say this other than PERFECT
Danielle and I had our girls night out at Season's 52.  She had been taunting me with information about this place for a year.  I must say it lived up to my expectations.  On a funny note, we saw a lady who was a little too friendly with her plastic surgeon.  I don't want to be mean but she looked like a freak.
It was a night of firsts for me...
1st Martini...strawberry basil and I liked it very much
1st (real) sushi...raw tuna and I loved it.
1st Canole...not my favorite dessert of the 3 we tried.
My dinner and flatbread was out of this world.
Just a word of warning, it is on the pricey side but worth saving up for.
Friends in KC, you can find one near the Plaza I think.  Look it up.  :)

This was the spot we hit after our 3rd day at Disney.
T W I S T E D   B U R G E R
The hamburgers were AWESOME, service also was stellar.
Our family of five ate for less than $25...5 drinks and 5 meals.

Always a favorite of mine but haven't eaten at one since we lived in Phoenix.
Their gluten free noodles showed Emma that you can live GF and not hate every minute of it.
Lunch for about $30-35. 
Pei Wei people...please bring one to Omaha!!!!

Breakfast in Cinderella's Castle was by far our most expensive meal and not the best of them but we all enjoyed it.  Olivia will remember meeting her favorite princess (Sleeping Beauty) for years to come.
We ate breakfast at 10:20am and yes we did advise our daughters to "eat up".  It worked out well, we didn't stop to eat again until 4:30pm.  Maybe we did get our money's worth...nah.  Did I mention it was $200?

Again, one of our favorites that Omaha does not have.  No, it's not healthy but oh so yummy. 
We ate on the road only a few times, this was on day 2 heading to Florida.
#######
Chicken and waffle fries for 5 please.
#######
The grease did give me a tummy ache afterwards.  Chris said that's why he refuses to stop eating fries so his body won't reject it later.  ha ha


Then Chris' all time favorite place....STEAK N SHAKE.
Again, I had a tummy ache after consuming such greasy processed food.  As much as I wanted to avoid eating at S-N-S I have to admit, the service there wemt way beyond my expectations and my hamburger and salad was pretty good.
A cost effective meal and the girls got a free shake since we had to wait.  I am a sucker for service.

No comments: