Friday, September 2, 2011

The Great Outdoors

YESTERDAY'S HARVEST
On September 1st this is what I brought in from the garden.  Since our garden has been a little sad this year you could say I was doing a happy dance as I was filling my arms.  This one lone cucumber is the last one.  We'll eat it for lunch tomorrow.

It's amazing that even though we did not take good care of our garden (gone 2 weeks in July and then we got lazy) we still are reaping a beautiful harvest.  I wonder if God looks at our lives and sees the lack of effort we put into doing things right but decides to bless us anyway.  He loves us.  He wants to see us grow, bloom and produce pleasing fruit.

After being so proud of my harvest, I decided to walk around the yard and share with my blog world what our outside world looks like.

 
 This pear tomato plant is obviously not done producing and the funny thing is that we didn't even plant it.  It grew volunteerly from last years left overs.  Thank you God for that little surprise.  (Olivia's favorite produce)

 The tomato plant seems to love us or maybe just our garden...usually.  This year our plants didn't produce like they have in the past.  As you can see it's pretty ugly out there.  Lots of rotting and dead plants this year.

Pretty sorry looking, huh?
Far back middle - zucchinni
Far back right - bell peppers
Far left - cucumbers
Front left corner - basil
Everywhere else is some kind of tomato
I pulled the lettuce
The strawberries are hidding behind the basil

If Satan took on a physical form, this is what he would look like.
  B I N D W E E D!!! 
Oh how I loath your existance.  You come to seek and destroy...see just like Satan.
(here that evil plant is growing up my neighbor's beautiful hostas.)

Tis the season for spiders and their webs all over outside.
I caught this little guy in his tunnel web.
This is why I hate those cute little bunnies.
Every year they eat this hosta.
Can you see the butterfly with it's wings closed?
Now starting to open..
And here she is, wings spread while enjoying my Butterfly Bush
(since there's no tail to lift, I don't know if it's a "she" or not)

No comments: