Monday, October 15, 2012

State Softball Champions 2012

Dannelly, Raabe, Kerkman, Naidas
About five years ago we moved from GI to Omaha. Chris went from being the head varsity coach at a Class A school to the head jr varsity coach at another Class A school. From my view there are 2 major differences in JV & Varsity...time commitment and pressure to win. I was so happy to have Chris in a position to still run his team but not have every decision dissected by people who may know but usually didn't know what they were talking about. (I am thinking about a couple "super parents" as we like to call them.)

This year Chris became a Varsity assistant. While he still enjoys it, as a spouse I will say it's a little more time consuming. Let me be honest here, my fantastic, lovable, always willing to help husband does not have very good boundaries! (UNDERSTATEMENT) For the third year in a row Millard South High School made it to the state championship tournament in Hastings, NE. For the second consecutive year MSHS left the city of Hastings as Class A State Champions. I am so proud of all the girls and coaches!

I don't know if you can see it in the background of this picture but these girls not only won the championship game but they did it in 4 innings with a score of 12-1. That is pretty impressive.

This week would normally be the time that our family learns how to live together again as survivors of high school softball. Truly, it does take a little bit of adjusting to make it all work. This week is a little different. Chris has parent-teacher conferences which means he will be home late every night and I leave on Wednesday for my birthday trip to JAMAICA! Yes, I really just said Jamaica...I can't believe my hubby was able to pull off this surprise. Can I say that I am so happy to be turning 40?? So the following week we will learn to be a family of 5 again.

Blessings to you all!

No comments: