Monday, October 8, 2012

The COLOR Run for Fun

It's my BIRTHDAY MONTH! 
Yes, I just said that. I love celebrating whatever...whenever possible so it only makes sense that I would "milk it" when it comes to my birthday.

As I mentioned in a previous post, an AZ friend of mine challenged me to a 5K in the fall to celebrate our birthdays. Unfortunately, Kim was not able to fly out for the run due to a nagging foot injury so I encouraged a couple local friends into joining me at the Color Run in Des Moines, IA.

The Color Run is not for serious runners.
Below records our day of fun.
Crazy socks, headbands, and fairy wings!

This is what (part of) 27,000 people waiting to run looks like.
The race was to start at 1pm but I didn't make it to the start line until 55 minutes later.
Kimberly and Melanie waiting to run
On the run we took a pit stop for a photo
The color bomb party post the fun run!
My buddies Kimberly and Susan
I really did have a great time Saturday however the over abundance of participants made it difficult to actually run. My only suggestion would be..."WALKERS, STAY TO THE RIGHT!!"  :)

Since the weather is turning colder now, I don't anticipate anymore fun runs and races in the near future for me. Hope I find something I can do in the spring.


1 comment:

Vicki said...

Looks like you all enjoyed the day. It does however, also look COLD!