Tuesday, March 17, 2015

All Kinds of Goodness

If I want to be completely honest, last night I was dreading today. The calendar on my phone was overwhelming. Now that I have completed the day, I look back on it with a sense of joy and accomplishment. Thank the Good Lord I have a husband who is helpful. That Mr Raabe is a pretty good guy to keep around.

Emma overbooked herself which means she enlisted her mom's help without prior consideration. The day started with taking her across town early for babysitting. (I'm NOT a morning person) What came after that is a bunch of goodness... 
P O W E R T O O L S !!
My friend (pictured below) and I built a super cool filing device. I am bound to be uber organized now. We shopped at Home Depot, used a chop saw,  circular saw and nail gun. Loved it!!



I do think I will end up painting the bare boards.

The rest of our day consisted of taking Reagan and 2 friends to a movie
Olivia & I went to "Cinderella" since it was $5 Tuesday...great flick!
Shopping for a birthday party gift for Livie's friend.
I babysat for 3 hours while Emma went to track practice.
Reagan going to the dentist...2 cavities. :(
Olivia to soccer practice then to a sleepover party.
Chris sold stuff on Craig's List
Me going to a meeting for busy women, ironic huh? 
Chris going to men's bible study.

It's so nice to relax over spring break. I know I sound like a clanging gong. Actually I enjoy my kids being home and running around with them. The days can be long but the years are short. I was created for such a time as this, right??

VERSE OF THE DAY
A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. 
Proverbs 17:22

No comments: