Monday, March 23, 2015

Jesus Calling to the Rescue

I like to have a plan when the crazy hits and it's hitting this week until about late July. This week however has three very ugly days. I'm not sure we will eat dinner together much this week. Oh that makes me sad. After I paced the kitchen, vented to Chris and even talked to my friend Tracy about how crazy it's getting I remembered I hadn't spent time with God yet today. This fantastic devotional by Sarah Young called "Jesus Calling" sits on my night stand, I started there. The first line reminded me that there's one who knows every detail.

"I am a God of both intricate detail and overflowing abundance." 

Whew! Thank you Jesus for that word! It goes on to say...

"When you entrust the details of your life to Me, you are surprised by how thoroughly I answer your petitions. I take pleasure in hearing your prayers, so feel free to bring Me all your requests."

I know these are Sarah's words, not God's but it draws me into a time with God. God, you are all knowing, larger than life, strong tower, infinite and yet care about the smallest detail.

VERSE OF THE DAY
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.
Proverbs 18:10





No comments: