Monday, September 8, 2008

It's Laundry Monday!

Happy Monday even though this is what was waiting for my attention early this morning. I'm not sure that you really get the full idea of how much laundry is really piled up in the basement. It's simply a frightful sight! I didn't even change the bedding or all the towels yet. That might have to wait, just to keep me from getting overwhelmed. As if 8 load super sized loads of laundry isn't already overwhelming. A friend told me about Wonder Pets, her 2 yr olds favorite show. This morning as I was sorting laundry I found it and let Olivia watch it. YIKES!! She LOVED it. I think we could have a wonder pet junkie on our hands. Thanks a lot Julie! :)

It is so easy for me to love on the people whom I already love. The ones who are lovable. The friends and family who love me back. It's great to love on them but that is not what we are instructed to do. After all, how hard is that anyway?
"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." Matthew 6:43-44.
This very lesson was taught to me this weekend through real life application. Show love to someone today who in your opinion does not deserve it.
Word for the day: unconditional love

No comments: