Monday, January 19, 2009

Good Times

My parents, brother Rodger and his wife Laura came up this weekend for a little visit. I have to be honest that I wasn't very excited when I found out that Daisy (boy dog) was coming. It turned out great. Daisy is welcome back anytime...the humans too. We really missed having Eric, Karen and Regina with us. Maybe next time. I'm including a few pictures of our family gathering.

Don't even ask me what time this picture was taken. YIKES! The girls were up so late last night and then right as I was shooing them off to bed they wanted hot chocolate. I caved, after all I was drinking very strong coffee so it wasn't like I was heading to bed any time soon. :)
Anyone seen "Flight of the Conchords - Business Time"? It's just too funny...if you are married. I think that youtube started the stupid videos we had to watch well into the middle of the night. Here's Rodger and Chris cracking themselves up at the computer.
Cow racing on the Wii. I think we may have introduced something fun and new that they will "have" to get in the near future. Or possibly it will draw them up here more often. Rodger I admire you in many ways but your wife kicked your behind on Wii...she's my Wii hero!
Being around my family, I always learn something about myself. No matter what we came from or where we find ourselves today, our family had a significant roll in who we are. Some of us promise to be different and some of us choose to build from that foundation. I am choosing to be the best mom that I can be for my girls and the best wife I can be for my husband by relying on God's love, strength and grace.

Happy MLK Day to everyone tomorrow. The girls and I will be entertaining mom and dad until they head home. Poor Chris has to work and then ref a basketball game. That guy works too hard! Anyway, enjoy!

No comments: