Saturday, January 24, 2009

Life is too short!

Never do I want to pass on a moment that could make the difference in someone's life. This week I was reminded, again that life is a beautiful gift from God and it can end, here on earth in an instant. There is no such thing as wasting time on a person. At the end of my life I know that I will not say, "I wish I wouldn't have cared for him or her" or "I shouldn't have given time to that person, they weren't worth it." However, I may say, "I should have taken more time to show love to those who didn't show me love" or "I should have shared my faith in Jesus Christ with a friend who didn't already live a sold out life to him." Every moment that we live here on earth can be a blessing to those around us (and God) or we can just live for ourselves.

Tuesday a dear friend of ours suffered a massive heart attack and this morning the love of his life had to make the final decision to shut down the life support machines. Oh my goodness, I can't even type those words without tears forming and feeling a deep ache within me. It seems so unfair to have his life ripped from hers. How can a wife or loved one survive that kind of pain? It is true that I have not experienced this kind of loss however I know that our Heavenly Father is waiting for us to seek Him. He wants to be our everything. He offers love, peace, comfort and so much more. Death is not the end, rather the beginning.

Love one another, not just the ones who are easy to love. Share your heart with a friend. You may have known them for 6mos or 6yrs but do they know what (or who) it is inside of you that makes you who you are today? Being a "good" person isn't enough. It's only through faith in Jesus Christ alone that we are saved.

No comments: