Friday, September 4, 2009

Mama's Ramblings

OMGosh, we had an ugly one, a virus I mean...thanks to facebook. I can rejoice that my husband is a wonderful and understanding man. Yes, I opened a stupid video from a friend on FB only it wasn't really a video. Chris' work laptop had to be wiped clean and totally reloaded. The poor guy went several days without a computer at school...no smart board for him or his 7th graders. All is well now and he is even allowing me to use his computer again.

No pictures this time, you know since there's nothing loaded on this computer and all. ha

I do want to appologize for the type-o I had in my Aug 30th post. If you read it you know what I'm talking about. I'm not sure what I was trying to say, I did that late at night. All nasty words are removed. YIKES!

The Nebraska state fair is moving to Grand Island next year so this will be the last year that Chris takes his 7th graders. Today 7b went to Lincoln for one last trip. Chris drove his car so he could make it back to town for softball practice. The fair security directed Chris to pull in next to the buses. It was to his complete surprise to return to the parking lots only to find an empty spot where once his car had been. Yes, it was towed. Apparently there isn't a whole lot of communication between the parking directors and the tow trucks. Luckily, there was no fee and it took only about an hour to track down the car way out in lot 13. Nice, huh?

Have you paid attention to what stores check your id when using your debit or credit cards? I was shocked today to spend over $100 in a local discount store, swipe my own card, sign on the electronic pad and then walk away. REALLY?? No one was interested to know if it was really me or not. I asked customer service about it and they simply don't ask for ID. That's what she told me. OMGosh, anyone with a stolen credit card could have a fun shopping spree there. I even told her that and she looked shocked at my comment. DUH!

Happy long weekend to you all. I plan to have some quality time with my family. We have no softball and no soccer games tomorrow but we do have .....

THE FIRST HUSKER FOOTBALL GAME!!! YAY! Can't wait!

I will leave you with this thought.
If we don't have truth what do we have?
If we don't love our neighbor, who will?
If we don't fill that empty space deep inside us with God, the Lord Almighty we will never be fully content.
The 2 words that come to mind when I think about my Savior are 1) LOVE 2) TRUTH. What are the words that keep you grounded, safe and motivated?

No comments: