Thursday, October 15, 2009

48 and Outside

What says soccer practice to you more than 48 degrees, cloudy, gloomy and on the verge of rain? Sitting here in the van (see I am a soccer mom) with my winter coat on, wishing I could type while wearing gloves but too cheap to let the van run for a hour. The funny thing will be when Reagan jumps in and rips off her layers of clothing and asks for me to turn off the heater because she's hot. This could be a life lesson if I would let it become one. I hate the cold and dream of the days we lived in Arizona. Who cares that they don't have beautiful fall weather and they all break out winter coats when it's 60 degrees. Can't I just complain for a little while?

School is out and it's mid October. We should be outside racking leaves only to let the kids jump in them and then start all over again. Instead I'm too cold. You know in February when it's -5 degrees I'll remember this post and think I was a complete idiot!

Ok, only 32 minutes left.

So in not conforming to the world but rather renewing my mind...can I still complain about the weather? My verse for today is Romans 12:2.

One random comment: my friends Matt and Tiffany had a baby girl yesterday at 11:32pm after being induced 28.5 hours earlier. YIKES!! Pray for new baby Addison, new mommy recovering and that daddy won't feed the baby chopped up chicken nuggets.

No comments: