Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy Surprise Party to Me!

What a darling husband I married. In case you are concerned because you haven't sent me a big wonderful gift, no worries...you still have a week to get it here by my actual birthday. The best surprises come when you aren't expecting them and that's just how Chris pulled it off. One week EARLY! This story is too long and detailed to type out but I will say I thought I had gotten the skinny on the surprise (a scrapbook weekend) only to find out that there were a bunch of friends coming over Friday night. It would have been nice to have a clean house. You know, I pray for God to help me get over my pride issue. I guess a bunch of girlfriends coming to your dirty house for a celebration in your honor is a great way to deal with pride. :) God never does things the way I think He will.

For being a scrapbooker you might think I would be sure to get good pictures...apparently not. My friend Courtney is taking the picture and for some reason Liz isn't in here either.

Notice the beautifully decorated cake. Chris had someone from school bake it but Reagan made it into a masterpiece. Thank you sweetie!

Thank you girls for going out of your way to celebrate our friendship and my birthday. I had a great time chatting, laughing, eating and even doing a little bit of scrapping. I have been incredibly blessed by wonderful women.

Chris has this idea that I make too big of a deal about birthdays and I make them drag out too long. Look what he has done...started the celebration a whole week early. Yes, I will capitalize on this. Don't think for one minute that everyday I won't try to make it all about me, it's just one week.

Again to Chris, thank you for loving me so much that you would make up stories, babysit friends' kids and do whatever it takes to pull off a surprise. Love you!!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Oh my gosh! He gets husband of the year. Can you have him call Dan? Your card is in the mail...