Friday, October 23, 2009

New Colors of Fall


No, that's not snow you see in the picture below but they are rain drops. I had to get a quick picture before school today. It isn't all that often that I can get my kids all dressed in the same color or style. Since it was "orange" day at school I got it...here are some pictures to prove it.

What I really want to show off is our beautiful red tree behind the girls. I love it! The big tree in the front yard is still totally green, my marigolds are still yellow and orange (or dead) and my mums are in full bloom. Oh how I love the beauty of fall. Who says God doesn't pay attention to the details. He knew I would need something joyful to focus on before the winter winds sweep in.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Cor 5:17

I know that verse doesn't have anything to do with the summer flowers dying and the new fall flowers blooming but that was my first thought.

Tonight at a pizza party the discussion somehow turned to my terrible behavior as a high school student. I don't know exactly what Jerry and Lisa believe about me but I can tell you they were surprised to know I was a "little crazy" in my younger years. Praise God, I am a new creation. Those old behaviors are gone and I can live free in Christ.

No comments: