Saturday, October 10, 2009

Roses for Two

What a wild and crazy weekend. Apparently, Dad didn't think we gave Reagan a birthday weekend to remember so he spiced things up a little with a trip to the ER in the ambulance then 5 days in the hospital, a major broken bone and a 3 hours surgery. Now I will get to see mom and dad several times this year as they come to town for checkups.


Not to be outdone my darling father-in-law had to check into the same hospital the day dad was checking out. Not only the same hospital but the room NEXT door. On the positive side, the roses I gave dad were then handed down the hall to room 3201. Two for one deal! :)


Seeing someone you love in the hospital is difficult and can be frightening to children. I asked Olivia if it bothered her seeing Opa and Papa in the hospital. Her response, "No, it doesn't scare me. It freaks me out!"


We know that our loved ones were well protected by good doctors, caring nurses and a God who has a healing hand. Thank you Lord!

No comments: