Saturday, November 21, 2009

Old Friends

What is the test of true friendship?

I'm sure there are several indicators so hang with me if I miss some of the big ones.

Loyalty, trust and honesty: I lump those all together because often it seems that if you have one you have the others.

Longevity: So what happens if your don't talk every day, month or what if you don't see them for 13 years? Can you pick up where you left off? Real friends can do that.

Transparency: Being the person you really are without fear of rejection.

Yesterday I met up with my college roommate and setter of our volleyball team. Julie and I were best friends for 9 mos and then parted ways. She transferred to an Iowa school, I stayed in Nebraska then before I knew it we were in another state, married and having children. Here we are 14 years later and chatting like the old days in Hoover Hall. I loved it!

This friendship warms my heart. I don't wonder for even a minute if we'll keep in touch. Julie, Thanks for the laughs and memories. I love you and will be praying for you, Dave and the kids.

I am so grateful for my friends. There are some great girls who fall into these categories, you know who you are. Love you!

No comments: