Tuesday, November 3, 2009

On Point


Finally after waiting several weeks to get our outlandishly expensive point shoes and then waiting just a few more weeks for whatever reasons last night was Emma's first night in her point shoes. What a proud and yet painful event. I am so excited for her. I told her nothing is really worth doing unless it makes you bleed. (that's a joke in case any of you work for CPS)

Tonight while Emma was in the kitchen practicing I peeked around the corner with my camera to get a few pictures. My heart is all a flutter...so beautiful!




And her is my sad little note:
I took ballet about 25 years ago and found it to be only somewhat enjoyable. My parents thought it would be good for me to do. I remember getting my point shoes, however we called them "toe shoes". We didn't have the cool toe pads that Emma has we had wool...it didn't help much at all. It was Shannon McGuire's slumber party that ended my ballet career. I can vividly recall running down the stairs into the basement, a herd of girls following, as my right foot hit the gray concrete floor it skimmed a puddle of water. My feet slid across the cool payment and my big toe hit the wall. The party went on but my toe was broken (not that my parents took me to the doctor) and I never became a famous ballerina. It might not have ever happened anyway but now we'll never know.

For God is not a God of disorder but of peace.
1 Corinthians 14:33

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I never knew you took ballet! I took dance too, from the age of three - six. I enjoyed it, but had an embarrasing incident after one class and never went back. Ah, well...