Saturday, March 12, 2011

A 180 mile Dinner

How about a quick long distance dinner?  Last night we did a kind of crazy thing, especially since the price of gas is above $3.50 per gallon.  We decided to meet mom and dad for dinner in Grand Island, that's a 2 hour drive for each of us.  However how can you put a price on spending time with Oma and Opa?  As it turned out, we didn't make it to GI, I had to stick around town to take some neighborhood kids home from school before hitting the road.  A big thanks to mom and dad for driving a little further so we all met up in York.  The town has a Starbucks, Walmart and Applebees. What else could we possibly need?


I had to giggle when I looked over and saw dad sneaking some cookies for Olivia right after we ate dinner.  Applebee's is in the hotel so after eating we sat in the lobby of the Holiday Inn.  I'm pretty sure the cookies were meant for the hotel customers...NOT us. 

Side note: today my dad was horribly ill.  How do you know if it's food poisoning or not?  Poor guy.  Hope he feels better soon.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

what a fun thing to do!

Susan Snyder said...

Well mystery solved! How fun! Hopefully that can happen more. I sometimes think I need to get a helicopter and my pilots license. It would be quick to zip around and see everyone!