Thursday, March 24, 2011

Colorado Bound

It was a beautiful afternoon in November of 2008, I was about to be late to pick up the girls from school.  One small problem, I had a huge mirror in my van (that I got for a screamin' deal but that's a different story) and lacked the strength to take it out by myself.  As luck would have it, a lovely couple and their youngest child was walking by so I asked them to come help me.  It was a great opportunity to meet the new neighbors.  Now 2 1/2 years down the road and my friend Paula is moving to Colorado.  What a blessing it has been to call Paula, Al and their three handsome little men friends of the Raabes.  Life gets busy and I am sad to say we have not spent as much time with them as I wish we would have.  On the bright side of this move: Colorado is going to suit them just fine and I can't wait to make a trip out there to see our friends.
Paula, Liz and I became friends and have enjoyed playdates in the park, lunches together, birthday parties and great conversation.  Today we had possibly our last lunch together before our friends move.  It's hard to be sad when you know your friend will be so happy but leaving Paula's house today I felt a tug at my heart.  Good friends are a rare special gift.  Thank you God for blessing this season of my life with Paula's friendship.

No comments: