Monday, September 3, 2012

Painting Again...

Oh how I love to paint, create and design. Sometimes I am a little disappointed that the picture in my head is not the same thing that happens on the walls of the room I am decorating.

Olivia gave me a tall order for her bedroom.  She wanted...
*blue walls
*rainbows
*a sun
*flowers
*a picket fence
Let me start by saying that I like to do whatever the girls want in their rooms after all it takes a can of paint to cover it.  However, I don't like the color blue for decorating in my home, I wasn't going to paint a traditional rainbow or sun just because I didn't want her room to look stupid. Obviously, I didn't tell her that.

We started by finding a comforter that was both cost effective and likable by both Liv and myself.
From there I picked a "blue" out of the fabric, it's more of a aqua. Her walls have been transformed from pink & green to "blue" & green. It took a little lot more work than I expected because I had to SAND the walls first.  I did not love that!!!
I took this picture in the dark while Olivia was sleeping so the blue does not look right.
Another comment on this picture, I'm not sure what I am going to do where the blue and green meet, this is still in the planning stages.

Today Reagan and I enjoyed some QT punching flowers out of paint chips...thank you Walmart paint department. Then we organized them into a RoyGBiv type order.

I just finished sewing together 5 strips of garland from the colorful paint samples. When these land on the wall they will actually be an inverted rainbow. My next step tomorrow will be figuring out where and how I will secure these to her bedroom wall.


I have a "you are my sunshine" sign to make this week. I didn't make these but I will do something like this but probably square.


My errands in the next few days will consist of hitting several junks stores and Goodwills looking for ornate frames to paint in a high gloss bright color. Once again, this is fun!

Next week I plan to finally pull the old picket fence slabs from the garage and put to good use. Oh how I love to repurpose items. It's a cost effective way to decorate and makes me feel good about using someone else's stuff that would otherwise be in the local dump.

Please check back soon for an update on Livie's Rainbow Bedroom. I hope to not disappoint.

Blessings to you all!

No comments: