Saturday, October 25, 2008

Not Older...Just Better

Isn't 36 the new 26? I don't feel like I'm closer to 40 than 30 but maybe that's because I'm not defined by a number, rather the way I live my life. blah blah blah

ANYWAY....




Thursday was my birthday...it's been a wonderful weekend. So many friends have sent cards, emails and posts, thanks for the bday wishes. I am all about birthday's being special. It doesn't have to be a big expensive celebration but certainly a special event. Thursday I had a great day with Olivia, we even went out for lunch with my girlfriend Susan. (Thanks for lunch!) That evening we did the cake thing with some neighbors. No pictures but there were LOTs of candles to blow out.
Friday I met Kimberly and Susan in a nearby town for lunch, shopping and visiting. Mostly we sat in the kiddie play area to watch our babies play so we could have some peace. It was wonderful! I got back into town just in time to pic up the girls from school. We dumped them at Nana and Papa's house and went to Ted's Nebraska Grill. OMGosh, it's fabulous!!! (aka Ted's Montana Grill) You've gotta go.
Today we watched the Huskers play :( with some friends and now I have a little time to myself. I was so blessed by my family this week, what a lucky girl!






















Somewhere in that birthday weekend I happened upon a scrapbook store that I didn't even know existed. Look at what I bought today with my birthday money. Precious Treasures carries everything...I am in love with the store. I found Teresa Collins, Jenni Bowlin and she even accepts competitors coupons. SWEET!!!

Alright friends, I'm going to curl up and read some more of my new Karen Kingsbury book. I need to know what happens with the Baxter's and Dayne Matthews. ha

Prayerfully consider your responsibility in the upcoming weeks. We have an important election coming up. It's hard to live without money or in this crazy economy however don't settle for things of this world. Do you really think one candidate over the other can fix your problems? They can't! Let me suggest that we take responsibility for our own actions...good or otherwise.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am soo happy for you that your birthday was fantastic! And a very good point at the end about the election...the fate of our country is in our hands!

Melanie said...

That's me being political without being offensive. ha ha