Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lost Child

We love going to the zoo. Infact, since May we have been there 5-6 times.
This past week while the girls were out of school my friend Julie and I decided it would be fun to try to earn the "Mother of the Year" award and took our 6 (collective) children to the zoo. See right there it sounds like a bit much, huh?
It was a fun afternoon until we lost these 2 beautiful children in the gorilla house. I don't know if I can recap the terror for you. One thing I am certain of is this...there was a host of angels surrounding, protecting and guiding our daughters to safety. When they couldn't find us they decided to walk more than half way across the zoo to customer service. This is what they told us, "We remembered that the front was close to the Desert Dome and then we saw the water ball and knew that was close too. We just went some more and got to the front." Unbelieveable! What smart little girls! In the meantime I had called the zoo office so everyone could start looking. By the time the girls reached the front, zoo personel came up and asked if they were the 2 lost little girls. Their response, "no, our mommies are lost!" Ok, how precious!
See.....I will not win the award this year! DANG!
I've been a bad blogger lately. This past week we had 3 days off of school, parent-teacher conferences, zoo trip, garage sale, dance, soccer, headaches, sick kids, christmas card making, living room decorating (thanks Mandy). Who has time to blog with all that and more going on?
Tonight Chris and I are going to the movie Fireproof. I hear it's a must for everyone, can't wait. We might even get to go out for dinner. Yikes, that's very close to a date! Hmm, maybe even a little pre-birthday celebrating. :)
Do you wonder sometimes if people read your diary? Todd knew just what I needed to hear, today's sermon was about Love...agape. I Cor 13 is used in weddings all the time but do people really mean it when they say they'll be patient, kind, will not envy, not keep record of wrong? This was the perfect reminder for me, sometimes I need a real kick in the butt. Unconditional Love...I'm telling you that's the hardest kind to give, but because of what happened on the cross it's available to us all.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Scary about the girs...glad you found them!
thanks for the reminder about LOVE!
I :heart: u mel!
Happy early b-day!