Wednesday, October 29, 2008

CanDy, LeAveS and WheAt BerRiEs

Geesh, what kind of parent lets their children play in the freeway traffic? Look at those cars zoomin' by!! YIKES!!
Ok, it's really a parking lot as I'm sure most of you already knew that but it looks a bit odd in this pic. :)

Here are my 3 beautiful daughters getting ready to pounce on a bunch of candy bowls at the Journey of Joy. Just what we need...an EXTRA night of gathering all the sweet cavity producing junk. Emma and Reagan had fun but Livie really got into it. It was loud in there so she was yelling "thank you" with all her might every time someone gave her candy.



Had to get some fall pictures. Yesterday after school the girls started raking and jumping in the leaves. It's nice to finally have some real leaves in our yard. The GI house had pathetic little trees. Today I spent time scrubbing grass stains out of knees. You might notice they all have slacks on not jeans. And Olivia has on her brand new shinny black church shoes. ha ha She loves them and I just couldn't make her change.


Christmas is not that far away, so those of you who have saved up your pennies over the last 10 mos, you now can to go spend that money on your loved ones. The rest of you...start saving for next year. You think the economy is bad now, try it with a bunch of unpaid credit cards. Be smart people! This holiday is about Jesus Christ coming to earth to save us all from eternal death, not "let's see who can buy the biggest, baddest toys and then spend all your time away from the family working just to pay for it." Love you all, just needed to get that out of my system.

So If I had wheat berries I might go grind them to make some fresh bread. Instead, I'm going to grind some of the yummiest coffee beans, set the coffee pot timer and head off to bed. One more random thought...is it kind of quiet where you are sitting? Where did my music go?

Thought of the day:
You know if you have a pride issue when you are NOT ok with someone else taking the credit. Not my words/idea, something I heard Beth Moore say this morning. She said it more eloquently and with bigger hair! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome pics!

Michele said...

Fun pictures, and great thoughts. I love reading your blog Mel!

Michelle said...

you always have such inspiring things to say my friend! Your girls are gorgeous btw!

Jenny said...

Love the Beth Moore quote! Hope to take one of her Bible studies after the first of the year!